Memories of my German trip from Bavaria to Hamelin, and shared trip with Mike and Colin from Edinburgh to home are fading fast. Both trips energetic and interesting, including meeting a well loaded guy who started a world tour in 2011 and is still going strong. Is cycle touring addictive?
On Sunday 3rd August five of us had a ride to the Elgood’s Open Garden Day. Both garden and beer were up to scratch, and we were assisted by an obliging tail wind to waft us home.
Peter Jermany has asked for a cycle forum to discuss cycle parking in town, and any other topics we wish to air. If you have any suggestions for improvements, or gripes about any cycling related matter you’d like discussed please let me or Pete know.
Our treasurer Linda tells me that our funds need topping up. It is over two years since we asked for contributions, and our expenses are modest, so could I appeal for donations of five pounds to bolster funds. You can give cash to me or Pete or MJ on one of the rides, or send to Hon. Treasurer, KLWN Bicycle Users Group, Linda Garnett, 20 Loke Road, King’s Lynn PE30 2AB
If you have any queries or ride suggestions, please get in touch with Trev on 01485 543706, email: email@example.com or Pete on 01553 673647, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Happy pedalling from Trev.
- Evening Ride Thursday 7th August 6.30pm Lynnsport: A short ride to/from Castle Rising
- Evening Ride Thursday 14th August 7pm South Quay Pontoon: A short ride ending at The Ouse Booze for a sociable evening.
- Day Ride Saturday 16th August 10am Lynnsport: A circular ride round King’s Lynn, tailored to the preferences and abilities of those who turn up on the day.
- Saturday 23rd August - ride cancelled.
- Day Ride Bank Holiday Monday 25 August 10am Lynnsport: A short/medium ride to Wimbotsham to see the 26th annual Fenland Classic motorcycle rally.
- Day Ride Saturday 30th August 10am Lynnsport: A longer ride to Oxborough or Cockley Cley, depending on how energetic we feel. So Bedingfield Arms or Twenty Church Wardens.
- Evening Ride Thursday 11th September 7pm South Quay Pontoon: A short ride ending at The Ouse Booze for a sociable evening.
- Day Ride Sunday 14th September 10am Lynnsport: A ride to Bircham Windmill.
- Day Ride Sunday 21st September 10am Lynnsport: A ride to Flitcham Village Centre to join Foster and Friends for tea, coffee, soft drinks, sausage rolls, cakes, and (weather permitting) a barbecue. All money raised will go to King’s Lynn Hospital Children’s Ward (Rudham Ward).
- Day Ride Saturday 27th September 10am Lynnsport: An off road ride past the ruined church opposite Mintlyn, ending at Sandringham Visitors’ Centre.
(See later pages for any updates)