Third-Party Liability and Theft Insurance


  1. Your home insurance. Check your policy document, especially the public liability section to see if non-motoring incidents away from home are covered. Often this is restricted to the UK or similar, so travel insurance may be useful to cover other cycling. There's loads of discussion on the CTC/CUK Forum about travel insurance which should show up in their site search.
  2. Lexham Insurance from about £20/year.
  3. ETA Cycling Insurance from £23/year and they've been very robust campaigners for cycling, as far as I've seen. Unlike CTC/CUK travel insurance, they don't require particular clothing for cycling.
  4. TSB - I've seen someone quoted about £42/year. I don't know how cheap it goes.

Our sibling group London Cycling Campaign used to offer a £10/year liability-only deal but they've copied the BC/CUK uncooperative step of bundling it with membership.

Legal Support

If you only want legal support for a claim, is available and any profits go to Sustrans. The difference to BC/CUK deals, as I understand it, is that the terms aren't quite as good because no organisation is paying for the failed cases.

For legal support defending a claim against me, I'd take out legal expenses insurance, which is another common option on home insurance policies, or can be bought seperately. I don't have any suggestions, but I'd check the terms carefully, as you may be giving up some freedom to choose who represents you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

* Copy This Password *

* Type Or Paste Password Here *

33,897 Spam Comments Blocked so far by Spam Free Wordpress